Monday, December 10, 2007

the muffin man is in the building (or at least the drive-thru)

After a three week hiatus the Muffin Man has returned and I'm not really sure if it is a good thing, or bad - maybe a bit of both.

"Welcome to Tim Hortons would you like to try an Ice Cap?" I say, right at 4:30 a.m.

"Are you crazy? It's freezing out here," I hear a man's voice say through the intercom. He sounds grumpy, and just perhaps maybe, he has a Marlboro Red 100 hanging out of his mouth. "Geeze! Why can't you offer people something hot? Like a hot chocolate? What's a matter with you?"

"You're back!" For some reason, I couldn't hold it in. I sort of missed that old piece of shit old man - yep, he's old - that always orders 3 blueberry muffins at 4:30 a.m. "Where have you been?"

"I was going to the Springfield store, but they started to muck up just like you guys were, so I decided to come back."

"All right, would you like a not chocolate with your three blueberry muffins?"

"Don't muck this up, already. Just the three blueberry muffins, Geeze!"

No comments: