Monday, January 7, 2008

roast beef

The other night Zen Buddha walked toward me with one of her eyes twitching and she was foaming at the mouth.

"I think that we are going to start making roast beef sandwiches pretty soon," she said. "There is a new button on the ovens for roast beef."

"Do you think that is a good thing?"

"Yes, it will be great. I will have one everyday that I work."

"What else do you put on a roast beef sandwich besides roast beef?" I asked because I have never had a roast beef sandwich. I was vegetarian for two years of my life and I still really eat beef.

"I might put some cheddar cheese and hot sauce on it."

At that point, I realized that I better choose my words wisely because Zen Buddha is going to have a heart attack in a couple years. She already eats breakfast sandwiches without the bun, just sausage, egg, cheese, and hot sauce. She eats two of those every morning.

"Let the force be with you, Zen Buddha," I said and then got back to cleaning.

No comments: