Monday, September 3, 2007

crazy little kids (part 2)

I wish I could say that there was only one instance of bad behavior by little kids on Sunday in the dining area at Tim Hortons, but then I wouldn't be telling the truth. I should note that this instance was much more enjoyable for me because I was able to laugh at the little brat, not with him, but at him.

Apparently, there is this mom that comes in with her kids after church every Sunday - we think that they are Lutheran. She brought her two kids, a boy and a girl, but she also brought along two other boys about her son's age, which I would estimate to be around 9 or 10.

The mom, a very cordial lady, wanted me to put the kid's donuts on separate plates since they would be eating in the dining area, which was fine by me. She had each kid tell me what they wanted and I put it on a plate for them, also fine by me.

The drama went down when the bunch sat down. Perceivable one of the boys, that wasn't the son of the cordial mom, only ordered two donuts; whereas, the other two boys ordered three. The mom stood her ground and didn't let the boy order another donut because really all he wanted were two; he only wanted three because that is what the other two boys had (by the way, three donuts seems like a lot of donuts for a nine-year-old, but the kids did have to sit through a church service and probably deserved a little extra treat).

So the boy with only two donuts started to whimper, then some tears ran down his face and then it was full-blown sobbing. And still the mom didn't give in; rather, she removed him from the kid's table and made the cry baby sit with her - haha.

Now, I don't know how the rest of you, out there in cyberspace, were raised, but I never cried when another mom was taking care of me unless I was seriously hurt - it's just rude. This mom took a little brat to Tim Hortons - a treat for all ages - and bought him donuts and a milk. I could have brought the kid out an extra donut free of charge for the baby, but I didn't because the mom was right in laying down the law. Plus, I think I would have been laughing too hard at the little brat to give him an extra donut.

No comments: