Saturday, September 1, 2007

different types of stoners

For whatever reason my Mundane Manager put me on the morning shift the other day. I had to work from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. and tomorrow I have to work from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. - bummer. I need the hours so I won't complain too much, but when I was hired I made it clear that I wanted to work the late shift. I don't like a lot of customers and I'm not a morning person, simply as that.

One thing I did notice when I worked the morning shift the other day was that the stoners act much different in the morning compared to the restful hours between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. I was actually a little surprised to see stoners up so early. What I witnessed was the construction-worker-stoner crew.

A pick-up truck, filled with three construction workers, pulled into the drive-through at about 7:30 a.m. They knew exactly what they wanted - two Ice Caps and a black coffee - which is very different from the stoners who drive through at 3:30 a.m. and change their mind about what type of donuts they want at least three times.

When these three construction-worker stoners pulled up to the drive-through window a cloud of pot smoke bellowed into Tim Hortons. The girl who handed the guys their drinks and change said, "I think I'm stoned and I don't even smoke," after they pulled off. This stoner behavior was in complete contrast to the late-night stoners. The late-night stoners are almost always paranoid and don't want you to know, at any cost, that they are stoned; whereas, the construction crew could care less because they know that the 5-0 aren't looking for stoners at 7:30 a.m. like they are between midnight and 3:30 a.m. Plus, the construction crew feels entitled to be stoned because they still plan to be productive - build a house, lay some cement, or something to that effect.

No comments: