Tuesday, September 25, 2007

homeless, homeless

I worked with Zen Buddha last night and it came to my attention that her boyfriend was homeless. He slept in her car in the Tim Hortons' parking lot. I understand that everyone gets down on their luck once and awhile, but as the night wore on I understood why this guy was homeless: he's ultra annoying.

From 10-11 p.m. Zen Buddha's boyfriend - let's call him Fat Moe - hung out in the lobby. While in the store Zen Buddha and Fat Moe got down on some good ole fashion cutesy talk. Fat Moe only took time-outs to point at me and say,"But he's here." After Fat Moe made mention of me a couple times I told Zen Buddha that he couldn't stay in the store all night.

But even after we locked the doors at 11 p.m., Fat Moe didn't really go away. Twice the store phone rang and right before I picked it up it stopped ringing, no answer. The third time the phone rang - "Can I speak with Zen Buddha?"

"Yeah, no problem," I said glaring out into the parking lot.

Then around 2:30 a.m. a car flew through the drive-through without ordering. Suddenly, Fat Moe was at the window – "Can I speak with Zen Buddha?"

Zen Buddha explained to me that Fat Moe had to come into store to use the bathroom. She didn't want him driving around with her mom's car because Fat Moe was still on probation. I guess I couldn't argue with that.

Later in the night, Zen Buddha told me that she's trying to get Fat Moe a job at Tim Hortons. Fat Moe has been applying all over the place, but it has been hard for him to get hired since he has a felony on his record. Zen Buddha went on to say that Fat Moe should be able get a job at Tim Hortons because there are plenty of other people that we work with that have felonies on their records.

"Oh, yeah, that's a good sign," I told her.

No comments: